Description: Emmer wheat is an excellent source of nutrients which has been used for centuries as a good alternative to traditional wheat as it has higher fibre content. When combined with legumes, it is an excellent addition to the diet.
Alternative Names: Khapli Gahu | Jave Godhi
- There is scientific evidence that emmer flour is great for diabetics as it has the ability to lower blood sugar levels.
- It has complex carbs that can boost your immunity. It is thus, a great grain for children, adults, and senior citizens.
- Gluten molecule is weak in emmer wheat and is thus the flour suitable for people with gluten intolerance.
- It is rich in niacin of Vitamin B3, which is great for your heart and cholesterol levels.
- Pregnant women and women post-pregnancy can also benefit by including emmer wheat flour in their diet, because of its rich nutrient profile.