Description: Foxtail millet is an ancient millet.
Alternative Names: Thinai | Kangni | Rala | Navane | Korra | Thina
Value: Foxtail millet keeps you satiated for longer hours.
- This tiny "grain" is gluten-free and packed with vitamins and minerals.
- It's known for its Low Glycemic index- a gradual increase in blood sugar after food intake when compared to rice
- Helps control Blood sugar levels when consumed on a regular basis. It showed lower triglyceride levels, LDL/VLDL Cholesterol, and an increase in HDL Cholesterol.
- Provide serotonin to calm and soothe your mood.
- Complete protein source, when combined with legumes.
- The lecithin present in it is excellent for strengthening the nervous system.
- Increases bone strength
- Helps relieve constipation.
- It can be used as a replacement for normal rice and used for all types of curries.