Description: Safflower seed oil comes from a thistle-like plant related to the sunflower. It contains healthy unsaturated fatty acids. When consumed in moderation, it may offer various health benefits.
Alternative Names: Karadi | Kusumba | Kusube
Value: Used it in slight amounts to treat dry skin, and it is safe to use when cooking at high temperatures. Safflower is high in calories and is recommended to be used sparingly.
- Like many oils, it’s high in vitamin E. This is a fat-soluble nutrient that has antioxidant properties and plays a role in immune function.
- When applied topically, safflower oil can be used as a natural moisturizer for dry skin.
- Known for lowering cholesterol levels.
- Can help in reducing diabetes.
- Reduces the risk of constipation.